Skin Temperature Probe – Cortex Technology, Denmark
One of the optional probes that is a part of the DermaLab Combo is the skin temperature probe. This comes into use when there is a need to measure temperature and observe the micro-circulation activity in skin. In most studies, the skin temperature probe is used as an accompaniment for other studies such as transepidermal water loss (TEWL) or skin hydration. This helps to draw parallels between skin temperature and the other parameter being measured.
Skin Temperature Probe Working
The skin temperature probe works based on the principle of infrared temperature sensing. It measures temperature without touching the surface of the skin by monitoring the electromagnetic infrared radiation emitted by skin. The speed of molecule movement beneath the skin is proportional to the amount of infrared radiation emitted, which is measured to record the skin’s temperature.
Since it is a non-contact measurement method, the probe need not touch the measurement area. It should be placed at a distance of 1 to 3 cms. To enable accurate measurement, an optional ventilating spacer is available.
Skin temperature measurement procedure
To measure the temperature of skin using the skin temperature probe of the DermaLab Combo, the following procedure needs to be followed:
1. Open the DermaLab Combo application software in the tablet PC and select Temperature from the list of parameters displayed
2. In the next screen, you can see slots for eight temperature measurements and one average reading. In the beginning, all of them will be 0.0
3. To begin testing, place the probe at about 1 to 3 cms from the measurement area
4. In less than a second, the probe detects the temperature which gets displayed on the tablet screen
5. You have the option of viewing the temperature in °C or °F by clicking the corresponding button on the right-top corner of the display
6. You can take measurements one after the other which will get filled in the successive slots of the software
7. You will also get an average of all the values which helps to even out variations in readings
8. Once you have taken all the necessary readings, you have the option to save or print the measurements
Skin Temperature Probe Price
Agaram Industries is the authorised distributor of Cortex Technology who produce the skin temperature probe with the DermaLab Combo systems. To get a quotation with the skin temperature probe price, you can fill up this form or directly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to know more?
Leave us with your contact details. We will get in touch immediately.