Density measurement instruments – Rudolph Research Analytical, USA & Kyoto Electronics Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Japan
Density measurement instruments are used in different industries for a wide range of applications. For quality assessment of liquids, density and its derivatives such as specific gravity, Brix %, temperature compensated density, alcohol %, concentrated sulphuric acid concentration are commonly measured.
Benchtop & Portable digital density measuring instruments
Agaram Industries is the exclusive distributor of Rudolph Research Analytical from USA who manufacture a wide range of bench-top density meters. RRA offers 4 models in their DDM-series density meters.
For portable density meters, Agaram Industries is the exclusive distributor of Kyoto Electronics Manufacturing Co. Ltd. from Japan.
Need for density measurement instruments
Density is a parameter heavily relied on to determine the quality of different liquids in industries such as pharmaceutical, chemicals, petroleum, oil, food and beverages, flavors and fragrances, and so on. In most industries, it can be used to estimate the quality of raw materials and the end products.
Measuring density can be achieved by many different instruments. Some of them are manual hydrometers, pycnometers, and digital density meters. Though manual hydrometers and pycnometers can do an effective job of measuring density, there are certain drawbacks in using these instruments. Some of them are as follows:
- Measurements vary from operator to operator and hence erroneous
- Liquid needs to be at the standard temperature (20° C) for most accurate results
- Each hydrometer has a small measurement range which necessitates more hydrometers to cover wider range
- Large sample volume is required
- Measuring time is long
- Cleaning process is elaborate and cumbersome
Though manual hydrometers and pycnometers have a price advantage, the above-mentioned points deter users from preferring these instruments. Especially for critical applications, even small errors can be detrimental which is why automatic digital density meters are preferred in such situations.
Advantages of digital density meters
- Automatic operation which makes the results operator-independent
- Bench-top models are equipped with Peltier thermostats for temperature control. Though the portable models lack this, they have built-in temperature compensation with which they display accurate density values of samples at any temperature
- Minimal amount of sample is sufficient for testing
- Values can be transferred onto a PC without much effort for further computation and analysis
Need for portable density measurement instruments
In most industries, the bench-top density meters find a place in the labs meant for quality control (QC) or research and development (R&D). However, when there is a need to evaluate samples in the production line, the bench-top models cannot be carried around.
This is the exact reason why portable density meters came to be. In most industries such as pharmaceutical, food and beverages, chemicals, and petroleum, there is a need to perform random sampling in the production lines. In such situations, the DA-130N portable density meter is a perfect fit. Its ergonomic design, single hand operation, and efficient working make it a sought-after portable density measurement instrument.
Density measurement instrument price
Agaram Industries is the exclusive distributor of Rudolph Research Analytical and Kyoto Electronics Manufacturing Co. Ltd who manufacture bench-top and portable density meters. To get an official quote with the density measurement instrument price, you can fill up this form or send an email to email@example.com.
Want to know more?
Leave us with your contact details. We will get in touch immediately.